This is a volunteer position and is a member of the Executive Board. The President serves as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Promote NVVA and its vision, mission and Bylaws.
- Serve as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Director.
- Pursues partnerships and integrations with other clubs and associations.
- Notice of meetings of the Board of Directors shall be given by the President or by the President’s designee. The President will determine where and when such meetings will be held.
- Provide materials and topics to the Secretary in a timely manner for incorporation in the agenda for the Board of Directors meeting.
- Provide the Board of Directors with nominees to fill vacant Officer and Program Director positions.
- Appoint all Committee Chairpersons not otherwise provided for in the Bylaws. Based on recommendations from the Committee Chairpersons, appoint Committee members.
- Serve as member on all Committees.
- Receive and review draft and final reports from all Committees.
Oversee and provide guidance to the Administrator, Assistant Administrator & Travel Coordinator to insure that key issues are addressed and support proposals and recommendations to be made to the NVVA Board of Directors.
Oversee and provide guidance to the Technical Director to insure that key issues are addressed and support proposals and recommendations to be made to the NVVA Board of Directors.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the Juniors Girls and Boys Programs and Junior’s Operations Committee. Ensure the approved Operations Programs are appropriately administered during the year and that key planning issues are addressed by the Juniors Operations Committees for the coming season.
- Provide the Juniors Operations Committee the date the draft annual Committee report must be submitted to the Treasure and the President. Submit the final Juniors Operations Program and Budget to the Board of Directors for review and approval.
- Receive the draft budget on the date requested from the Treasurer. Review and modify the draft, as appropriate, prior to its submission in final form to the Board of Director for review and approval.
- Suspend Officers and Program Directors for cause or no cause.
- Approve expenditures outside of the approved budget that are under 1% of the total annual budget. Board approval is necessary for amounts over 1% of the total approved budget.
- Sign all contracts and agreements not specifically assigned to other Board members, as identified in their job descriptions.
- Retain legal advice and counsel as may be needed by NVVA.
- Strategic work to include a 5-year plan, organizational structure and role clarity documentation
- Participation at Board of Director meetings at least three times a year and Executive Board meetings weekly, or as needed.
- Assist in identifying volunteers for various NVVA positions.
- Participate in community efforts to promote NVVA activities.
- Head of large scale corporate departments and/or groups.
- Has a firm grasp of Roberts Rules of Order to facilitate Board meetings.
- Strategic ability to promote Association vision, mission, and goals.
- Has the ability to attract and appoint talent and skills appropriate to accomplish the goals set by the Board of Directors
- Ability to delegate and distribute work for efficient load balance.
- Has a wide contact list of skilled and experienced personnel to assist when NVVA resources are inadequate.
- Held an executive position for at least five years.
- Has demonstrated basic computer skills
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
NVVA President Job Description