This is a volunteer position and is a member of the Executive Board which reports to the President of NVVA on such matters as board and executive board meeting minutes, document administration and association duties.
- Record, draft and distribute minutes of meetings held by the Board of Directors and the Executive Board.
- Schedule meetings of the Board of Directors (date, time and place), prepare agendas and Board packages, and distribute to the Board members at least one week prior to the meeting. Also prepare the agenda and minutes for the Executive Board meetings.
- Central contact for Board of Directors activities; organize and supervise Board of Director activities.
- Manage NVVA Board of Directors documents and files. Update and distribute NVVA books and reports. This includes, but is not limited to, the Board Book, financial reports, Coaches Manual, contact lists and Board packages.
- Assists in identifying volunteers for various NVVA positions.
- Organize and supervise Board of Director events as needed.
- Oversee and provided guidance to the administrative staff in the selection of uniforms and apparel for the junior boys and girls teams, coaches, staff, and officers. Sign all contracts with venders providing such materials.
- Participates in Board of Director meetings at least three times a year and Executive Board meetings weekly, or as needed.
- Participates in community efforts to promote NVVA activities.
- Promote NVVA and its vision, mission, and Bylaws.
- Ability to take notes and record Board minutes in a standard format.
- Organized corporate type functions and Board meetings.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Proficient writing and communication skills are required.
- Can organize and distribute computer and paper files and documents.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.